Williams says Thunderguards claims don't add up

THUMPERRRR's picture

A Superior Court hearing comes on May 15th concerning attempts to oust the Thunderguards Motorcycle Club from Wilmington.

The state attorney general is seeking a court order to have the group vacate its clubhouse and storage units on the 28 hundred block of Northeast Boulevard.

Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams says club leaders have told him they're a unifying force in the neighborhood, but he hears of things going on that don't support that claim.

"I can't tolerate nonsense where there's shootings, ruckus all night long until 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, people being drunk, loud music, cars, and then they're telling me they're stabilizing the neighborhood. That's a bunch of crap, malarkey."


Williams also says April's work by Licenses and Inspection to clean out seven alleys in the city will be followed up by more of that work as they try to reclaim areas from crime and drug activity.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet
News Article written by: 
Peter MacArthur
Source of News article: 

Related Articles

Elk Hunt   Fly Fishing Guide
  Silver Stock
  Biker News

Disclaimer: The opinions in this article are solely those of the writer, and may not reflect the beliefs of anyone at the Biker News Network/Outlaw Biker World. This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this site or through this service, you may notify our copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, it must meet certain criteria, and you must Click Here to contact acting agent.