Fired Euclid cop pleads guilty to pulling gun during bar brawl with Hell’s Angels

THUMPERRRR's picture

WILLOUGHBY, Ohio — A judge is expected to sentence a fired Euclid police officer Thursday after he pleaded guilty to pulling a gun on suspected member of the Hell’s Angels biker gang during a bar brawl.

Todd Gauntner, a 32-year-old who was fired after the Aug. 24 fight, pleaded guilty Nov. 29 in Willoughby Municipal Court to using weapons while intoxicated, a first-degree misdemeanor. He could be sentenced anywhere from a fine to 180 days in jail.

Willoughby Municipal Court Judge Marisa Cornachio ordered that Gauntner is not allowed to own a gun and set his sentencing hearing for Thursday.

Gauntner started an argument with two suspected members of the biker gang — Dustin Wolf, 28, and Brandley Peterson, 40— at Frank and Tony’s Place bar on 2nd Street in Willoughby, according to police reports.

Gauntner pulled out a gun and put it to one of the men’s head, according to police. A witness told police the trio fought behind the bar and broke several bottles, according to police. Bar employees tried to break up the fight before police arrived.

Euclid Mayor Kirsten Holzheimer Gail fired Gauntner on Sept. 17. Gail wrote in a letter sent to Gauntner notifying him of his firing that that he had the choice to “remove himself from the situation but failed to do so.”

“You put yourself and many bar patrons at a significant risk of substantial harm due to your reckless behavior."

Wolf and Peterson both pleaded guilty to aggravated disorderly conduct and were fined $200. Their 30-day jail sentences were suspended.

Gauntner was a four-year veteran of the Euclid Police Department once honored for saving the life of a man shot 16 times. He is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan.

Gauntner previously was convicted of a crime involving a gun in 2015.

He pleaded guilty to discharging a firearm in an incident that happened Thanksgiving at Sims Park in Euclid.

In that case, he told investigators he was dealing with the death of a family member the park and fired shots from two guns into Lake Erie.

A Euclid Municipal Court judge ordered him to pay a $235 fine and to attend counseling in that incident. Euclid police suspended him for 90 days.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet
Group / Club: 
News Article written by: 
Adam Ferrise
Source of News article:

Related Articles

Elk Hunt   Fly Fishing Guide
  Silver Stock
  Biker News

Disclaimer: The opinions in this article are solely those of the writer, and may not reflect the beliefs of anyone at the Biker News Network/Outlaw Biker World. This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this site or through this service, you may notify our copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, it must meet certain criteria, and you must Click Here to contact acting agent.